Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's Hot And What's Not

I don't really have anything to blog about, but I feel like I owe it to my loyal readers to come up with something. So here, you ravenous dogs! Have some scraps!

Most of you know I'm a total shopaholic. Since I'm too fat to really enjoy clothes shopping (yeah, who was I kidding about that 5 a.m. trip to the gym? It's never going to happen.) I spend my hard earned cash on movies and cds. Here are some of my latest purchases:


John Legend, Evolver

Review: Really good. Not as good as his first album, but better than his second. I'm digging "Everybody Knows." I just think his voice is so smooth and buttery. And you know how I feel about butter.


Jay-Z, American Gangster

I don't know if you people have hopped on the Jay-Z bandwagon, but you really should. The track is "Roc Boys" and you need to make it your ringtone. In the words of the man himself: "When you're used to filet mignon, it's kinda hard to go back to Hamburger Helper. It's your choice, though, baby..."



Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Hudson

It's OK. I am totally feeling the song "Spotlight," but that's about it. There's even a duet with Fantasia of American Idol fame which should rock, but they're basically trying to out-scream each other. I'm starting to think that it's not a good idea to put two divas together. It always happens. Whitney and Mariah. Celine and Barbra. (Babs was in waaaay over her head on that one.)

Speaking of...


Barbra Streisand, The Essential Barbra Streisand

A three-disc collection. Lots of garbage, but there are some gems, too. She does a great "Cry Me a River." Oh well. It was only $9.



Clay Aiken, On My Way Here

I am a total Claymate. Love him. Love his voice. Think he's great. And this is his greatest album yet. Oh, sure, there are some songs that are seriously sharp cheddar cheesy, but most of it is KICK ASS. Listen to "Sacrificial Love" and tell me you aren't a believer.


Beyonce, I Am...Sasha Fierce

This is...total crap. Here's the thing: it's a 2-disc album with 5 tracks on one disc and 6 on the other. How obnoxious is that? Apparently there's a deluxe version that has 8 tracks on both discs, which is even MORE obnoxious. I didn't know that when I bought the shorter version. Why don't you give me all 16 tracks on ONE CD, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD? I have always loved Beyonce, but she is really walking on thin ice with me these days. I'm warning you, Beyonce!


Coldplay, Viva La Vida

Kick ass! Only ten tracks, though, and the first one is 1 min, 44 seconds and almost totally instrumental except for some "whoa-ohs." I feel a little ripped-off.

As for what I'm watching:


Little Britain

I discovered this one while I was in London, and thought it was hilarious. Fast forward three years: I'm searching through the "View Instantly" section on the Netflix website and there it was! You can watch the first two seasons on your PC. I highly recommend you do. It's a sketch-comedy show created by Matt Lucas and my new soul mate, David Walliams. David's on the right:



Here's a little taste:












Warning! This one isn't for the kids.

3 comments:

lilsusha said...

Um yes, I am content with your 'scraps'. Too funny! I'll make sure jon sees this too. What about the new David Archuletta cd? and I think The Fray has a new one out too. I'd like those reviews in an upcoming post. k thx bye

Rebecca McAllister said...

hillarious stuff.

Anonymous said...

I quite enjoy the Fat Fighters although she should be a little nicer to the woman who cant speak english! - jeff