Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Carrie And Shanon Seal The Deal



What a lovely day. It all went down in their backyard, which in my opinion, looked awesome. You can't really see them in the above picture, but there were mason jars with little tea lights hanging from the trees, and white Christmas lights all over the place. It looked so great when the sun went down.

I made the cake:



And the groom's cake:



You might recall that Shanon is a big Boston Red Sox fan.

Once the serious stuff was over, we all hit the dance floor. This one kid got down with his bad self. Check him out:



Shamefully, I left one person out of that post I did about the people I hang out with. It's Carrie's sister, Jen, pictured here with their dad, Chuck(-les):



Jen sang a rockin' rendition of Etta James' "At Last," which is one of my favorite songs of all time. Dang...it probably should have made that list a few posts back...anyway, Jen has some serious pipes. And she is hilarious. You should see Carrie and her together. Now that is a good time. They talk about one day starting their own ice cream company: Jen and Carrie's. (Get it? Hilarious!) Jen loves show tunes, karaoke, Taco Bell, Catan, and flower arranging. She did all of the flowers for Carrie's wedding. She is one talented girl, that's for sure.

I guess I should include a picture of the bride. Here she is with Sara:



Carrie was the worst bride ever. She is the exact opposite of a bridezilla, but no less frustrating. She didn't care about anything. Her mom made her outfit, and the night before the wedding I asked her how her dress looked. She replied, "I don't know, I haven't tried it on." WHAT? ARE YOU KIDDING? What bride hasn't tried on her wedding dress the night before her wedding day? Things like that made me crazy. I just had to keep reminding myself that it was her wedding, and she could watch it all go up in a ball of flame if she wanted to. I guess she knew what she was doing, though, because everything was perfect. The whole thing was planned and carried out in about six weeks. Carrie didn't want a prolonged affair. She said it was better to just do it fast, "like ripping off a band-aid." Her exact words. So romantic.

Congrats you crazy kids!

6 comments:

Lisa Michelle said...

Hi Randi! I just saw your comment on Oliver's blog and had to come say hello. Hope all is well - I didn't know you'd made your way to the west coast from Boston! That cake is seriously unbelievably perfect - I love it!! stupendous work. Anyway, happy August from us!
Lisa & Bryce LaPierre
ps - If you care to, you can find our blog from Oliver's. toodles!

Oliver said...

Congrats, Carrie and Shanon. If Randi likes you enough to make two cakes, you're good gente.

The cakes looked amazing, by the way.

Kelly said...

I need to get married again while you're in town so you can make me a cake. I am amazed by your skillz!

Jeni said...

um, wow. i mean, i knew you were talented, but come on. ace of cakes needs you!

Sally said...

Ace of Cakes material is just what my husband said when I showed him your cakes. Great job. And thanks again for the comment on Oliver's blog. Sally (O's mom)

Rebecca McAllister said...

Congrats to Carrie and Shannon. Your cakes were beautiful!