Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Pics

You've been so patient. Here they are:

Best Actor: Jeff Bridges. He deserves it, he was great.

Best Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, but part of me wants to give it to Captain von Trapp for "The Last Station." Give the man an Oscar before he dies!

Best Actress: Probably going to be Sandra Bullock (who any other year, might have deserved it) but this year it should go to Helen Mirren, also for "The Last Station." She blasted everyone else out of the water. You must see this movie. Mere words cannot convey the grandeur of her performance. It is with a very heavy heart that I'll be sticking with Sandy as my choice here.

Best Supporting Actress: This one's easy. Mo'Nique. Slam dunk.

Cinematography: Avatar. Duh.

Best Director: Surprisingly, I'm not giving it to James Cameron this year. I think it's gonna be Quentin Tarantino.

Best Picture: Avatar. Usually, the Best Picture winner also wins for Best Director...makes sense...but this isn't always the case. I think this is going to be one of those rare upset years.

And that's it, folks! I'll meet you back here in a few hours to say I told you so!

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Wow!! I am so impressed. You really guessed it right. Can you place bets beforehand on these things. You could win big money. Did you choose the best dressed with Carson also?