Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Irony

A long time ago, I posted a rant on Facebook about the near-epidemic misuse of the word "irony" that is sweeping the nation. Unfortunately, my tirade failed to attract the attention of any major media outlets and the situation remains unresolved. Hopefully my blog readership will mobilize, form a street team, and eventually eradicate this great evil once and for all.

Last night I wrote a lengthly blog post about what irony is and is not. This morning I reread it, slapped myself, and deleted it. I can be so obnoxious sometimes. I just need to take a deep breath, untwist my panties, and move on.

But not before posting my favorite ironic Far Side cartoon of all time:





5 comments:

Jeni said...

You absolutely slay me. I so wish you would have posted it. The uncensored Randi is even MORE hilarious than the censored Randi. When the tundra thaws out, get your hiney down here!

Camie said...

I have to agree with Jeni! Those who read your blog love the real you...twisted panties and all :)

Camie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kam said...

ha! I just listened to Alanis Morisette's song, "Ironic," yesterday, and thought of you. Recreate your post, and educate those of us who dearly love to be enlightened by you, oh mighty English major. ;)

Timo said...

Randeedo, you need to blog more often. Your readers...no, the world! needs your input. Timo