Monday, April 2, 2012

A Quick Update

Thank you to everyone who has responded to my last post about my father, and an extra thank you to everyone who has taken the time to call. I wish I could respond to everyone, but my phone has been blowing up nonstop with calls from dad's friends, family, doctors, nurses, church people, etc. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed, so I'm kind of taking a break from the phone. I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I love all of you so much, and I do so appreciate the outpouring of support from everyone. It's just kind of a hard story to repeat a thousand times, you know? It's easier to blog about it once and get the information out that way. I hope you'll forgive me. I will try to get back to all of you at some point.

The old man is full of surprises. I wish you could have seen him 5 days ago. He was like Tom Hanks at the end of Philadelphia, only less lucid. Today the man walked the full length of the rehab center, and was cracking jokes like he was freaking Bob Hope. He is taking us on quite the roller coaster ride, I tell you. He still isn't eating very much, but he tells me it's because the food there tastes like--and I quote--"poop." I'm going to smuggle some contraband treats into the place just to see what he does with them. In his defense, he is on a pretty nasty all-pureed diet. Hopefully they'll give him some solid foods here soon.

Once again, thank you for all of your thoughts, prayers, phone calls, and the like. I don't know where this journey will take us or how long it's going to last, but today was a good day. I'll keep you posted. Much love to you all.



5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow. Wonderful. Just Wonderful! Love to you both :)

Jeni said...

Thanks for the update and the sweet comments you've left. I'm glad to hear your dad has rallied. Love you, and yes, we'll talk soon. :)

Kam said...

Oh Rand, I'm so glad to hear this news. Brian and I are both laughing about you smuggling in food to your dad, which I'm sure he'll appreciate. I'm so glad he's doing better. I hope this continues... so much emotion. Love you!

Sydnee said...

Thinking of you my friend!! I hope and pray for the best.

Unknown said...

beautiful place
_____________________________________
wallpaper